To be fit, it is prudent to be physically active. With regular physical activity, you are sure of staying free from diseases and conditions such as diabetes, arthritis, cancer, and heart diseases. And you know what? You can also engage biking as a sport through bike tours Canada. Here is everything you need to know about the Bike tours in Canada.
What do You Need to Start Cycling?
Do you have an interest in biking? The good thing about it is that getting started is pretty easy. First, you need to get the right bike. Note that the bike you acquire should be designed based on your cycling objective. For example, you can opt to go for a road bike if the goal is general cycling in paved roads. Other common types of bikes include cyclocross bikes, touring bikes, or fixed bikes. Other components that you need to join bike tours Canada and enjoy every cycling moment include:
- Water bottle.
Health Benefits of Biking
Cycling is mainly an aerobic activity. Therefore, it helps to work out your lungs, blood vessels, and most body muscles. This makes it ideal for your whole bodily health. Here are the main highlights of Biking benefits.
- Increased muscle strength.
- Stronger bones.
- It helps to reduce anxiety.
- Better cardiovascular fitness.
- Better posture and coordination.
- A great way to cut and maintain a healthy weight.
If you have kids, let them start biking from an early age for better health. For example, pro kids from Saint John have biking activities in their program. Biking is part of their recreational activities that are supported by businesses, organizations, and businesses. This helps your kid to start early on Canada bike tours and could even grow into a pro cyclist for top competitions.
Plan Your Perfect Cycling Trip
When you set off on a cycling trip, the goal is to make the excursion as fulfilling as possible. Whether you are simply riding for fitness or in a competition, the main question is; “how do you plan for a perfect cycling trip?” Here are some helpful tips:
- Select a bike that best fits your condition.
- Wear safety gear, including helmets, gloves, and boots before setting off.
- Make sure to check your route well.
- Follow the weather update.
- Pack and carry enough water. If you will be riding in town, you can plan to buy some on the way.
- Consider inviting friends to ride together.
- Be prepared for emergencies.
- If you select enthralling Canada bike tours in the mountain, be prepared for dirt on your clothes.
The Best Bike Trails and Routes in Canada
For years, Canada has stood out as one of the best cycling destinations. Whether you target Canada bike tours for fun or just for fitness, there are many great trails and routes. Here are some amazing pro and self-guided routes that you should know:
- Route Verte in Quebec in the shores of Lake Ontario and Niagara Falls.
- Icefields Parkway in Alberta that extends from Hope to Castlegar.
- Ridge Road Heritage Trail in the Yukon is one of the shortest trails that only measures 33 kilometers on the Yukon Road.
- The Great Trail, also known as the Trans Canada Trail, is the longest recreational trail not just in Canada, but the entire globe. It spans across amazing 21,000 kilometers.
Gran Fondo Canada & Century Ride
If you want to ride and have fun at the same time, one of the best options to consider is having Gran Fondo Canada & Century Ride. This is one of the best cycling organizations that seek to deliver beyond world-class biking. They organize riding groups and ensure they have great times on the trails.
First, Gran Fondo Canada & Century Ride picks a good location that helps to inspire and challenge the members. Then, they build a complete weekend of great riding to help bring people together and celebrate their achievements. No matter the thrill you want from Canada bike tours, this amazing ride will never disappoint.
If you have an interest in pursuing cycling as a career, it is time to consider going professional. Professional cycling involves biking in top competitions to earn a living. To do this, you need to start by honing cycling skills, join cycling clubs, and participate in top competitions such as Tour de France.
Cycling is one of the top sports that tests athletes’ skills and stamina. Some of the top cycling athletes include Jacques Anquetil who was the first to win Tour de France five times consecutively, from 1961 to 1964. Others include:
- Mario Cipollini.
- Jan Urlich.
- Fausto Coppi.
- Miguel Indurain.
- Lance Armstrong.
The Most Prestigious Events
The most prestigious cycling events are waited with bated breath. They are the ultimate competitions that attract the best talents from across the globe. Here is a list of the best cycling events:
- Tour de France: This is considered the most famous multi-stage cycling competition. It was started in 1903 and involves racing for a distance of about 3500 kilometers.
- Giro D’Italia: This is another prestigious cycling event that was started in 1909. The race takes place for 23 days and is considered second from Tour de France in popularity.
- Olympics Games: Cycling was adopted as one of the top Olympic competitions from 1896 in Athens. It includes five-track cycling events and one road race. The competitions are for both men and women.
The good thing about cycling is that you can also bet on the competitions. And that is not all. You can also wager on these competitions for free in an online casino using casino bonuses and win real money. In sports betting, most online casinos have impressive welcome casino bonuses when you make the first deposit.
To take advantage of the casino bonuses in sports betting, you should start by opening a betting account in a legal online casino of choice. Then, use the casino bonus to wager and win real money.