Local Bike Rides.
Check out Facebook or www.velo.nb.ca for more details.
Weekly Fat bike rides will be led by Bill Consolvo every Saturday starting in the winter months at 2 pm weather dependent, meet at various locations. Stay tuned.
Call 506-640-0777 for more info.
Please join Saint John cycling to be covered by their insurance for all club rides.
Mountain Bike rides start April 27, 2016 Wednesday nights at 6:30 pm from Upper Fisher Lakes parking lot in Rockwood Park. Fast group leaves with Kevin Hayward.
Youth and Family oriented group leaves with Bill Consolvo, and Jason and Kim Burry same time same place.
We strongly suggest that you join either Saint John Cycling or Velo NB to be covered by insurance.
Saturday ride at Spruce Lake Robin Doull, Andrew Dacres, Jill Lloyd, and Bill Consolvo with Fat bikes above.
Bill and Rick Benson above
Michael, Rick, and Brendan Benson below
Call Bill if you need to rent one for $50.00 a day.
Ivan, Kevin Hayward, and Jill Lloyd at Rockwood Park above.
We have a new Cag One skate sharpener ready to sharpen your skates at $6.00 taxes included. You can buy a card for $25.00 and get 5 pair sharpened for $25.00 instead of $30.00 with a hole punched each time.
Cyclocross race was a huge success and a big thanks to Kevin Hayward and all of his volunteers and to Aaron Lloyd with Rockwood Park. Thanks to our sponsors Consolvo Bikes, Specialized, Norco, Shimano, and Subway.
We had 42 racers who had a great time
Please call 640-0777 for more information. Photo taken by Kevin of our
first group ride of the season.
A big thanks to all 56 racers who participated in the 7th annual Fall Cyclocross Race in
Nauwigewauk in the rain, and a big thanks to Dean Roberts and his crew for the great course
and the memorable spiral of doom, a video that you can view on facebook by Marci Webb
QUISPAM CROSS RACE WAS WELL ATTENDED ON SUNDAY November 10, 2013
and a big thanks to Dean Roberts and all of his volunteers for putting on a great race.
Shop to shop ride was grueling in the heat on Saturday July 6, 2013 for
Ray Brown who rode 164km on his fixee and other riders Cory Alexander
and Jay Bustin.
They made it from Consolvo Bikes to Darlings
Island Bike Shop where Bill and Craig were waiting for them.
Way to go guys!
Chantal Beam on the left riding a Specialized Transition All Carbon Road Bike with full sponsorship from Darlings Island Race Team a few years ago and Ben Green on the right.
Check out www.velo.nb.ca for upcoming races and events this season. They have Cross Country, Downhill, BMX, Cyclocross and Road Races throughout the season.
Mondays and Wednesdays!
Unisex Rides start in the spring at 6 pm. Every Monday and Wednesday meet at the Consolvo Bikes or designated location with Kevin Hayward and no one will be left behind. After October 1 it will change to
Cyclocross rides and place and time to be announced. They may have a brew or something to eat afterwards.
Call 506-640-0777 for more information.
Back to the top
Mens Road Rides
Every Thursday at 6:00 pm. Fast paced road bike ride. Meet at Rothesay Post Office across from Rothesay commons, ready to ride at 6:00 pm. Contact Mark Mosher.
They have a great group of riders.
Back to the top
Quick Chicks Road Rides
Women every Tuesday evening at 6:00 p.m. meet at Bikes and Beans ready to ride with your helmet and bike. For more info call Marci at 849-BIKE
Back to the top.
Wednesdays CO-ED Saint John Touring Group
Every Wednesday meet at 6:00 p.m. at the Gondola Point side of the Gondola Point Ferry for a moderately paced road ride on the Kingston Peninsula.
Back to the top
Hampton Courthouse Ride
Park in the Hampton Tourist information center parking lot or behind courthouse or in Irving Gas station; it is always polite to ask business if
you can park there first before leaving your car.
1. Start in front of Courthouse on Main St.
2. Pass Pizza Delight on left go over railroad tracks
3. Pass Kozy Korner Restaurant on left
4. Go through green bridge
5. Pass Kredl’s on left keep straight
6. Heading towards Bloomfield go straight on Hwy 121 or Main St.
7. Pass Evelyn’s Bed and Breakfast on the right and pass church on the left.
8. Turn right at the sign for Bloomfield Station Rd.
9. Go straight and you’ll pass cemetery on the right and another church on the left
10. Go through Covered Bridge straight
11. Go through wooden bridge
12. Go across railroad tracks then up a steep hill put in lowest gear on your bike
13. At top of the hill turn Right onto Centennial Rd. now on Hampton Time Trial course 14. and go straight for a long way
15. Pass sign for Reynolds Auto Salvage on Right
16. Go almost to end up a gradual long hill bear right back towards Courthouse on Centennial Rd.
17. Go straight will come into Hampton pass by neighborhoods and Court House will be on your right.
18. You have just finished a 30-35 km road ride! Congratulations!
Back to the top